If you are getting a 1006 or 1007 error code this means that the scenery.cfg file is badly formatted which can happen for various reasons. A potential fix for this is below :
- Find and delete your scenery.cfg which is located at ‘C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX’ if your copy for FSX:SE is standalone or ‘C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX-SE’ if you have FSX:SE and boxed FSX installed.
- Then, navigate to ‘C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\_Backup’ or ‘C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX-SE\_Backup’ again depending on your installation.
- When in the ‘_Backup’ folder you will need to scroll to the bottom and copy the highest number backup file (for example ‘Scenery.cfg.000244’) then paste it in the original location of the scenery.cfg (C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX or C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX-SE).
- Right click and rename the highest number file to Scenery.cfg, so just removing the numbers at the end of the file name. This is now the exact scenery.cfg you had prior to installing the new DLC.
- You should now edit (using Notepad or similar) this file and add line spaces between references. If you do not do this then the issue will re-occur every time you attempt to install scenery.
- Once the scenery.cfg is re-formatted you will have to navigate to the DLC folder for the content you purchased and were installing. For example if you were installing Ben Gurion Airport you should navigate to ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\DLC\352230\_DLCConfigData’. To determine which folder you need to access,
Go to the Steam page for the DLC, for example The Friday Harbour (KHFR) Add-on ( http://store.steampowered.com/app/379235/ )
Note that the number in the URl is the DLC AppID from Steam, in this case 379235
Go to the 379235 folder in the DLC folder.
- Once in _DLCConfigData you should run the _InstallDLC.bat file. This will add the reference to the scenery.cfg and the new content will work in game along with your old content. If you have followed all of the above steps and formatted their scenery.cfg correctly you should not have an issue.
If you require any further assistance to us, please open up a ticket and we shall try to help you.