A DxDiag Report is generated by the DirectX Diagnostic Tool. This report provides us with important information that can help us understand more about your computer configuration and includes detailed information about your hardware device drivers and when they were last updated.
Note the DxDiag Report only includes information about your computer and does not include any personally identifiable information.
How to run the Direct X Diagnostic Tool:
- Open the Run dialog by pressing the Windows Key + R on your Keyboard;
- OR (If your keyboard does not include a Windows Key):
- If you’re using Windows 8 or 8.1
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. Or, if you are using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, and then click Search. Type Run in the Search box, and then click Run in the Search Results.
- If you’re using Windows 10 or Windows 7
- Click Start, type Run in the Search box, and then click Run in the Search Results.
- In the Run dialog, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
- In the DirectX Diagnostic Tool window, click Save All Information and you'll be given a prompt to enter an appropriate file name. As the file you provide us is locked to your ticket only, there's no need to change the filename, please use the default "DxDiag.txt" filename. Click Save, and then Exit.
- Please send the complete file to us, do not edit or remove content from it. Doing so will greatly limit the amount of help we can provide and may restrict us from reaching a satisfactory conclusion.
Who is this Document For?
Dovetail Games product owners who are using Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8 or Windows 7.