In order for Train Sim World to run, it requires third-party system libraries to be installed. These libraries are necessary for the reliable operation of Train Sim World and it will not run without them. Typically, Steam will install these when you first install Train Sim World but in the unlikely event it fails to do so, here’s how to install them manually:
- Navigate to the Train Sim World installation directory. If you have installed to the default location, this is typically C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Train Sim World
- Double-left-click the _CommonRedist folder;
- Inside you’ll find the following:
- Microsoft DirectX 10 Runtime Folder containing all the necessary DirectX files required for Train Sim World;
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Runtime Library Setup File.
- Double-left-click on the DirectX folder, then Jun2010 and then double-left-click the file DXSETUP.exe to begin the setup. Follow the on-screen instructions to install DirectX 10;
- Navigate back to the Install folder at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Train Sim World\_CommonRedist
- Double-left-click the vcredist folder, then 2015 and then double-left-click the file vcredist_x64.exe to begin the setup (see note below). Follow the on-screen instructions to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Runtime Library.
- Note: if you’re using a 32-bit Operating System, you’ll not be able to install the required library and it’s unlikely you’ll be able to run Train Sim World. Please our Knowledgebase article on how to check your computer’s configuration at https://dovetailgames.kayako.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/261/12/checking-your-computer-meets-a-minimum-specification.
Each setup application will provide you with specific guidance whether you need to install it or not. If you get presented with such information, it’s safe for you to continue to install/repair the installation (it’s worth doing this just to be sure) or cancel.
Who is this Document For?
Train Sim World owners who are using Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8 or Windows 7.