How to restart or power cycle your Xbox One console
Posted by DTG Support (Trains) on 23 July 2018 09:46 AM
You can reset, perform a full power cycle, or physically disconnect your Xbox One console to reboot it completely and fix many common issues. This process does not erase any of your games or data.|
Note If you're unable to access the guide or if the console appears to be frozen, press and hold the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until the console turns off. After the console shuts down, touch the Xbox button on the console again to restart.
- Restart your console
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
Note Pressing the Xbox button will open the guide from any other screen on the console
- Select Settings.
- Select Restart console.
- Select Yes to confirm.
Physically power cycle the console
Important If your console is in Instant-On power mode, the above steps will shut the console completely off. Instant-On mode, or the ability to turn on your console by saying "Xbox on," won't be enabled until you restart the console.
- Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off.
- Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller.
Note If you don't see the green boot-up animation when the console restarts, repeat these steps. Make sure that you hold the power button until the console completely shuts down.
Disconnect and reconnect your console's power cable
- Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.
- Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.
Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.
- Plug the console power cable back in.
- Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox One.