Steam provides an easy method to allow you to verify the integrity of your Train Simulator or Train Sim World installation. This process will check for any corrupted and/or missing files that are required to properly run the software. This process will also check any add-on content you have purchased.
Please follow the instructions below to perform a file verification. After this is complete, any missing files will automatically be re-downloaded. If you’ve been encountering a problem before the file verification, please attempt to reproduce the issue after the process is complete, to see if it has fixed the issue.
Before you begin, it’s important that:
- You perform this overnight or when you’re not using your computer as the process can take a long time, particularly if you own several items of add-on content (DLC). We would recommend you allow at least 12 hours for this.
- You allow the process to fully complete, do not interrupt, close Steam or restart your computer until you’re satisfied it has finished.
- You understand that any modifications or third-party content (that were not downloaded from Steam) will be removed by performing this process.
- Load Steam and navigate to your Game Library
- Right-click once on Train Simulator or Train Sim World and select Properties
- Select the Local Files tab and left-click on Verify Integrity of Game Files
- Allow the process to complete and allow Steam to download any files that need to be reacquired
- Once completed, it’s important that you restart Steam by selecting Exit from the Steam
- Note it may also be necessary for you to restart your computer. If you continue to experience issues with Steam, Train Simulator and/or Train Sim World, please try restarting your computer.
Who is this Document For?
Train Simulator or Train Sim World owners who are using Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8 or Windows 7.