I have been asked to provide a Logmate report, how do I do this?
Posted by Darren Nokes on 29 January 2019 11:13 AM
A LogMate report will tell us exactly what is happening in the game before and during any issue you may be encountering. This will help us understand exactly what is causing the problem and be able to advise you on a potential solution.
- Before you begin, make sure you have set Train Simulator to operate in Windows mode. To do this, load Train Simulator and then click Settings in the upper-right corner of the main menu. Then click the drop-down box next to Full Screen and change it to Windowed. Click Save and then follow the instructions to restart Train Simulator.
- If Train Simulator is running, close it to return to your Steam Game Library
- Right Click on Train Simulator and select Properties from the menu
- Click on the Set Launch Options button
- In the Launch Options window, add the following text: -LogMate -SetLogFilters=all (Note: this must be entered EXACTLY as shown, as launch options are case and whitespace sensitive. Just select the text, copy and then paste into the box.)
- Click OK and then launch Train Simulator. When Train Simulator starts, you will notice a new window will open. There is no need for you to interact with this window, leave it alone and let it do its job.
- Perform whatever action you have been having problems with and then close Train Simulator (if it's still running)
- Navigate to the Train Simulator installation folder. Right Click on Train Simulator and select Properties, then select the Local Files tab and, finally, Browse Local Files
- Locate the file(s) which have a similar filename to "ts-2019-01-23-08-39-57.log". If there is more than one file, select all the .log files, Right Click and select Send To and then Compressed (zipped) folder.
- Attach the file to your support ticket.