I have been asked to provide a Logmate report, how do I do this?
Posted by on 01 June 2020 08:21 AM
A LogMate report will tell us exactly what is happening in the game before and during any issue you may be encountering. This will help us understand exactly what is causing the problem and be able to advise you on a potential solution.
- If Train Simulator is running, close it to return to your Steam Game Library
- Right Click on Train Simulator and select Properties from the menu.
- Click on the Set Launch Options button.
- In the Launch Options window, add the following text: -LogMate -SetLogFilters=all (Note: this must be entered EXACTLY as shown, as launch options are case and whitespace sensitive. Just select the text, copy and then paste into the box.)
- Click OK and then launch Train Simulator. When Train Simulator starts, you will notice a new window will open. There is no need for you to interact with this window, leave it alone and let it do its job.
- Perform whatever action you have been having problems with and then close Train Simulator and the LogMate application.
- Navigate to the Train Simulator installation folder. Right Click on Train Simulator and select Manage, then select Browse Local Files.
- Locate the file(s) which have a similar filename to "ts-2020-01-01-08-00-00.log". If there is more than one file, select all the .log files, Right Click and select Send To and then Compressed (zipped) folder.
- Attach the .zip file to your support ticket.
- You can now safely remove the Launch Options by repeating steps 2 to 4, removing the text added in step 4.