In response to your important feedback, today we have released an update for Train Sim World: West Somerset Railway on PC that addresses a number of issues which you have raised with us.
Here’s a list of what has been addressed:
- Fixed issues with the manual
- Fixed another cause of springy hoses
We believe we have traced the exact cause of the freezing issues reported, thanks to all the amazing feedback we've received, and have provided a fix in this update. We're interested in hearing further feedback if you find this is still happening for you.
West Somerset Railway
- Fixed an issue where the Throttle, Reverser and Master Switch would lock up
- Fixed untranslated ‘Driver’s Brake’ button prompt
- Added ability to turn off sander using the keyboard
- Fixed an issue with the rear cab camera
- Fixed an issue where the head code ‘2272’ would erroneously appear
We have rolled in a fix to address the missing engine exhaust for player-operated trains only. There is still some work to do to add this to AI-operated trains in the future.
Mark 1 Coaches
- Fixed an issue where the various pipes were the wrong way round
- Fixed an issue with the slam-door animation at a distance
- Reduced couple/uncouple wait times from 10 seconds to 1 second to improve flow of scenarios
- Fixed an issue where objective markers were appearing in the middle of the Minehead turntable, instead of on the control panel
- Fixed an issue where junction objective markers were not clearing if triggered on foot
'Finishing Up' Scenario
- Fixed an issue where scenario objectives could not be completed
- Fixed an issue where a signal would remain red when trying to complete an objective
- Fixed an issue where objective markers were disappearing upon loading from the last checkpoint
- Fixed an issue where track switch objective markers would not disappear after operating point levers
'Minehead Shunter Part 2' Scenario
- Fixed an issue where unless stopping was very accurate, the scenario couldn’t be completed
- Fixed an issue where the player can be teleported into a locked cab
- Fixed an issue where an objective marker was in the wrong place
- Fixed an issue where loading from the last checkpoint would fail
Other Scenario & Service Mode Fixes
- 'Preparation Work': Fixed an issue where the first objective marker remain
- 'Preparation Work': Fixed an issue where the scenario marker would not disappear upon completion
- 'To the Beach': Fixed an issue where the unlock doors instruction was bound to the wrong doors
- '47 – 11:50 Service': Fixed an issue where the first objective marker would not clear
- '47 – 12:15 Service': Fixed an issue where the wrong doors had to be opened at Stogumber
Additional TSW Fixes
- Great Western Express: Corrected translations in the tutorials
- NEC New York: Fixed an issue with the lighting in parts of the Penn Tunnels
- NEC New York: Corrected spelling mistakes in the loading screens
- NEC New York: Rebuilt the swampland area west of Secaucus
If you own Train Sim World: West Somerset Railway, the update will download automatically from Steam. Download size will vary depending on what add-ons your own. If you have any problems/queries in regards to the update, leave a comment below or submit a ticket to our support site where our Support Team will be ready to assist.
In the unlikely event that Steam fails to update Train Sim World, you’ll need to perform a file verify and ensure Steam provisions your installation properly. Follow the instructions listed at this link to perform a file verify to reset your installation to default.
If you find that after the file verify has completed, you are confident you have not received the update, please contact our Support Team by submitting a ticket to our support site where someone will assist you directly.
Thank you all for your continued feedback and support, keep it coming!