Today we are bringing an update to Train Sim World PC. This update consists of two parts:
- The update which enables Tees Valley Line on Steam - out at 2PM BST.
- The long-awaited update to the Train Sim World: CSX Heavy Haul Route. This update brings improvements to the diesel-electric engine physics, lighting and sky colour. Please find the update details below:
Sand Patch Grade:
- Introduced improved diesel-electric traction engine physics for the following locomotives: CSX GP38-2; CSX SD40-2; CSX AC4400CW. Diesel-electric physics have been completely reworked, with new core support code and much better adherence to the realistic performance characteristics of the locomotives. Please note that this update does not upgrade the version of the GP 38-2 in the Northeast Corridor: New York route.
- Introduced improvements to sky colour balancing: clouds have been upgraded to add more depth and detail. Sky lighting has been upgraded to the same setup used on current routes, which results in less brightness and more range of colours, contributing to a more realistic look.
- Fixed an issue where trains would be fully illuminated when passing through the tunnels.
Update Size: TBC