Today we are releasing the second of the two updates for WCML South: London Euston - Birmingham route at 2 pm for Train Simulator 2021. Release notes are as follows:
Visual & Performance Improvements:
- Improved the London Euston and Birmingham New Street station models.
- Fixed a number of issues on all other stations (overhead line equipment, bridges, gaps, numbering, etc).
- Updates to various stations to improve the visual representation of each station.
- Improved overhead line equipment and smaller details to reduce draw distance and aid performance.
- Improved the scenery throughout the route to address minor placement issues and improve the overall fidelity.
- Applied wide ranging enhancements to further improve overall performance. Note that inherent complexity due to the nature of the route in some areas may still present challenges for lower end hardware.
- Improved cable troughs throughout the route.
- Fixed an issue with the Primrose Hill tunnel entrance boreholes.
- Improved Manual localisation and added destination lists for all rolling stock.
- Fixed livery on BR Class 390 Pendolino pantograph coach so that it is in the correct orientation in the consist
- Fixed an issue with the BR Class 377 Passenger View.
- Fixed an issue with the BR Class 390 Pendolino Consist so that the pantograph coach is on the correct end.
- Fixed an issue with a red signal on the northbound fast from London Euston.
- Fixed an issue with incorrect pathing on the northbound fast from London Euston.
- Fixed an issue with train collisions on the northbound fast from London Euston.
- Corrected all the BR Class 390 Pendolino consists throughout all scenarios to reflect proper formations.
- Fixed a number of localisation issues throughout scenarios.
The update will download automatically for owners of the WCML South: London Euston - Birmingham route add-on when it becomes available. The approximate download size will be 918 MB and players should allow at least 24 hours after restarting Steam for the update to appear and before contacting Customer Support.
We are aware there is an outstanding issue with one of the scenarios that would result in failed tasks. We are looking to address this issue in a further update but wanted to get this in the hands of players as soon as possible as the scenario fix is going to take a bit more time than we'd like.