Following intensive internal and public beta testing, we are pleased to announce the release of the latest FSX: Steam Edition update version 62615.
Important!: Before opening FSX: Steam Edition, we recommend you take the following steps:
- Back up your non-Steam add-on content – In the event that your add-on content needs to be re-installed, we strongly recommend keeping a back-up of non-Steam content.
- Back up your scenery.cfg files – We highly recommend you back up your scenery.cfg file, especially those of you with an extensive third party scenery collection.
You can find your FSX: Steam Edition scenery.cfg file here: <drive>\Program Data\Microsoft\FSX\
- FSUIPC – If you run FSUIPC, please make sure you have updated to the latest version, otherwise certain add-ons may not work. You can do this by visiting the FSUIPC SimFlight forum and following the instructions: (http://forum.simflight.com/forum/142-download-links/)
The player-visible contents of this update are:
- Improvements for using modified Scenery.cfg files which could previously result in a 1007 error when installing new scenery add-ons.
- Please note due to the highly customisable nature of FSX: SE it is going to be impossible for us to attempt to deal with all forms of malformatting in the Scenery.cfg files. For this reason we have also provide an option to reset the Scenery.cfg file to the default version.
- Fixed font file loading not being VFS-aware.
- Font files associated with add-ons should now work as expected.
- Fixed multiplayer invites not working if you invite a friend to a Private game.
- Improved mouse cursor slow-down over complex cockpits.
- Although we have made some optimizations to this code, players may still experience some reduction in framerates when using highly complex cockpit models. This is because such models are pushing the boundaries of what is possible within the game engine.
- Improved optimisation of installing/uninstalling add-on content through the Steam platform.
Because this update includes changes to the way Steam optimises add-on content available from the Steam store some add-on content may reinstall. This means that the size of the update will vary depending upon how many Steam add-ons you have installed. If you are just running the core simulator without add-ons, your download will be approximately 22.9 MB. This may increase up to 3.6 GB if you own all of our FSX: Steam Edition add-ons.
If you experience any issues, please contact our support team by submitting a ticket.
Thanks and happy flying!
- FSX: Steam Edition Team, Dovetail Games