Today we are bringing an update for the Union Pacific Big Boy Steam Loco Add-On for Train Simulator 2021. This update brings a variety of fixes for the loco. Please see the complete changelog below:
- Fixed an issue with the rotation speed of the wheels on the pilot truck, so they rotate at the correct speed.
- Fixed a contextual issue so that there is no more reference to Easy mode - players can still choose to operate in Simple Controls mode.
- Fixed an issue that caused AI locos to spawn with a full steam chest. The loco should no longer lurch forward when taking control of an AI operated loco.
- Fixed an issue that caused some 'chuff' sounds to be missed at speeds between 10 and 40 mph.
- Fixed an issue that caused the live injector sounds to be missing when viewing from a distance.
- Fixed an issue with freight car centre of gravity and couplers which would cause derailments when playing with a very long consist.
- The texturing of the base of the throttle support in the cab has been darkened to match the rest of the texturing around it.
- Fixed an issue with the valve gear animations when the reverser is close to neutral, but slightly forward, the front left combination lever froze in place.
The update will download automatically for owners of the add-on when it becomes available. Players should allow at least 24 hours after restarting Steam for the update to appear and before contacting Customer Support. The approximate download size for this update is 106 KB.