Hi all. We are now ready to release the Update 2 Test Build.
Thank you to everyone who has been providing feedback regarding issues so far, we have spent a lot of time investigating and working on your reports and today we have opened up a separate branch of Train Sim World: CSX Heavy Haul, for you to check the immediately proposed fixes below.
FULL PATCH NOTES
Patch Size: 219MbLoad/Save Issues
- A Crash on loading previous saves has been identified and we believe resolved
- The dispatcher not being properly re-initialised on reloading some saves has been resolved
- We have identified some control states on the locomotives and rolling stock were not being restored correctly on loading and have rectified this
- Objective markers were sometimes not re-appearing on loading a save game.
- We have found some issues with the render distances for Splines and Foliage to be set too far out and have reduced these to more appropriate settings for a decent performance improvement.
- Some work has been done to optimise the tasks going on for managing AI trains in the background and reduce their overhead.
- We have reviewed dynamic shadow casting and optimised how and where this is being done.
- We have removed unnecessary shadow casting from lights in the menu background for a good framerate improvement while in the menu.
- There have also been a few other minor optimisations to various areas around the game.
We have added support for the following keyboards:
- Swiss German
- French Canadian
- Incorrect ditch light behaviour on GP38-2 and AC4400CW has been fixed
- Culling on SD40-2 when looking at rear wall has been fixed
- The Dynamic brake on the HUD was showing positive amps when it should be negative, this has now been fixed.
- Fuel consumption values for all three locomotives have been corrected.
- A number of achievements were being issued simultaneously for incorrect reasons, these have all been reviewed and are now working correctly.
- We identified an additional situation in which a train could derail and not cause the end-game sequence to trigger.
- Compressor and Brake discharge audio volume has been increased
- Missing hand brake chain sound on box car has been added
- Whistle board had an electrical hum sound, this has been removed.
- Saving whilst game delivers "objective complete" message causes no objectives at all upon reloading.
- RARE: Inability to pause the game. (If you experience this, we would like to know more – please let us know!
How Do I Get Access To This Proposed Update?
By changing the game build.
1. Right click on Train Sim World: CSX Heavy Haul in your Steam Library.
2. Select Properties, then the Beta Tab.
3. Select U2TB in the drop down.
4. Download the update and launch the game. (You'll need to unsubscribe from this branch in order to go back to the Update 1 version, you can do this by right-clicking on TSW: CSX HH and select None - Opt out of all beta programs)
Please continue to report any issues that you are experiencing whilst using this test build, this will allow us to thoroughly investigate and collate your feedback with a view to providing a fix as soon as possible, we'll bring you more info on where we go beyond here once we've tested and released this update. We will be here reading everything even if we can’t reply to everyone!